Find out why Denise (she runs the place) and so many others love her tents only campsite on the Norfork Coast
With a warm and welcoming atmosphere our small cliff top campsite turns itself on every July and August before switching back to its winter state within a matter of days!
Having camped for many years running this summer site in such an idylic spot is a real joy. When the weather is good I don't think I and my team would rather be anywhere else.
Overstrand Campsite is a tents only campsite - proper camping for proper campers. Open for just July and August our campsite prides itself on its friendly vibe and helpful staff who camp on site and are on hand should our guests need any help or advice.
Overstrand campsite is on the edge of the attractive coastal village of Overstrand, situated on a cliff top position overlooking wide sandy beaches. Campers visit our site to enjoy the beautiful views of the sea and beach below as well as the relaxed campsite atmosphere.
The village grew up around its fishing industry, you can still see fishermen and their catches on the beach. The beauty of Overstrand attracted many of the rich and famous to build some grand and unusual properties which lead to it being nicknamed "the village of millionaires". The village has a well stocked shop, post office, pub and cliff top cafe.
Alongside the campsite there is a cliff top path which takes you into the famous seaside town of Cromer, about one and a half miles away.
With many popular tourist attractions throughout Norfolk, Overstrand Campsite is the perfect base for a family holiday, if you can bear to tear yourself away from the beach.
There are many facilities and things to enjoy on or very close to the campsite.
- The Cabin houses our reception, cafe and pool table
- Games room for table tennis and table football - both are free to use.
- Cafe on site serving good value breakfasts and evening meals.
- Onsite shop selling bits and bobs, ice creams etc
- Free to use freezer for ice blocks
- Beach access is just two minutes.
- Showers and toilets are free
- Electric charging sockets are available in The Cabin, games room and washing up room.
- Playground next door.
- There is a pub in the village
- Grocers and Post Office in the village
- Dog friendly and unfriendly beaches
- Coastal walks beside the campsite.
- Boot sale every Thursday in the village.
The Norfolk Norfolk coast is a popular area for tourists who come here to enjoy its quiet charm and distinct character, landscape, villages and beaches.
Here are some ideas of what you could get up to...
- Go crabbing from Cromer Pier, its free and fun. Catch some crabs and race them from the beach back into the sea!
- Visit Sheringham, just a few miles along the coast. Its an attractive seaside town with a steam railway amongst other things.
- Visit the Norfolk Broads. Just 18 miles SE from us and a wetland wonderland. Hire a boat for the day!
- Go on a seal trip from Blakeney. There are several seal excusions from the quay and an abundance of seals to wave at but we can often go swimming at Overstrand and see the seals here.
- Visit beach after beach. Norfolk has some of the finest beaches in the country. Wide sands to shingle spits, sunbathing to bird watching.
- Historic houses at Felbrigg and Blickling Hall are closeby. Sandringham is about an hour away.
- Family attractions such as Bewilderwood, Amazonia Zoo, mazes, train rides.
- Splash indoor swimming pool for a wet day (in every sense).
- Visit Norwich - great shopping, castle, museums, bowling, cinema,cathedral and more.